Re: [orca-list] Strange braille behaviour

Hello,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL via orca-list, le mer. 27 mai 2020 16:38:12 +0200, a ecrit:
During the change of window (from app to a dialog, or between 2 app
windows), during less than 1 second, the braille display says "screen
not in text mode", then Orca comes back.

In the log here:
[1]https://demo.aaui.eu/deborcabraille

Mmm, I'm surprised there is some delay in between, possibly because your
window manager triggers a non-accessible window during switch.

Could you try the attached patch?

Do you have xbrlapi running?

It is not critical but I am worry it hides other kind of problems. For example,
the interaction with brltty in the terminal is less natural than it was, I mean
that after a alt-tab to the terminal, it hapens often that Ortca does not
release the focus, letting brltty session do, until I change page in the
terminal. Hence some braille keys drive the flat review instead of the browsing
system of brltty. I am wondering if both dont have the same origin.

It's probably related, yes. Did you configure Orca to disable its
braille support in gnome-terminal?  I had tested that case but possibly
you are in a situation different from what I tested.  For instance, does
it happen if there is only one page tab?

Samuel