Re: [orca-list] Strange braille behaviour

Hey Jean-Philippe.

Would it be possible for you to do a bisect to see which change or changes introduced these issues?

Thanks!
--joanie

On 5/27/20 10:38, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL via orca-list wrote:
Hi,

Sorry for the mass reports, I was on 3.36 until yesterday and only start now to see new problems on master. The problem is that, in some circumstances, braille appears just like if braille "hangs" some seconds. During the change of window (from app to a dialog, or between 2 app windows), during less than 1 second, the braille display says "screen not in text mode", then Orca comes back.

In the log here:
https://demo.aaui.eu/deborcabraille

I am on a website, spotify, and I try to change page tab in Firefox. Does not work, probably I just have one page. Ok lets do alt-tab to switch the terminal. In Marco or Compiz, instead of displaying the window title (terminal) then letting the braille take the control, I read "screen not in text mode", then the title, then the prompt. Just like if Orca exists and is back immediately

It is not critical but I am worry it hides other kind of problems. For example, the interaction with brltty in the terminal is less natural than it was, I mean that after a alt-tab to the terminal, it hapens often that Ortca does not release the focus, letting brltty session do, until I change page in the terminal. Hence some braille keys drive the flat review instead of the browsing system of brltty. I am wondering if both dont have the same origin.

Many thanks

Regards

--
signature_jp_2