[orca-list] Possible to improve continuous read in VSCode?

I know, old version of Electron, etc. Hard to know whether this has since been fixed in Chromium and will be a non-issue in a few months, or if it slipped beneath the radar.

I like how VSCode restores previous sessions, along with positions in files. I started experimenting with it as a way to read text-based technical documents converted with pdftotext, since that makes a mess of the formatting. The idea is that, if I want better insight into a piece of code, I can copy it straight into another tab and have it automatically formatted on paste. I can also run it directly using extensions.

I notice that continuous read in the editor doesn't quite work. It works well enough once it starts, but it often jumps far up in the text, then starts reading from that point. I have Orca set to read by sentences, and it jumps further up than the previous sentence boundary. It does continue reading normally, though.

I've also set it to read by line. In this case it works better in that it doesn't jump, but it speaks the name of the editor between each line.

To reproduce:

1. Open VSCode. (I've only tested with latest stable, not Insiders, though I have no reason to think Insiders would behave differently.)

2. Open a long text document in the editor.

3. Focus on the editor and switch to Focus mode.

4. Arrow to a position lower down in the text and start continuous-read.

5. For me, reading begins far above the cursor if Sentence mode is used. It begins on the same line as the cursor when Line mode is active, but the filename followed by "editor" is spoken between each line.

Thanks a bunch.