[orca-list] Introduction

Hi folks,
I have just subscribed to this list, and thus I thought it might be
good to introduce myself.

My name is Rastislav Kiss, I am from Slovakia. You could possibly know
me from other lists and forums, like audiogames.net, eyes-free or The
voice mailing list.
For those who don't know me, what will be most likely the majority :),
I am practically blind, with weak sensations of light.
My personality is a scientist, I like playing and experimenting with
almost everything you can thing of.
My favourite sciences are mathematics, physics and artificial
intelligence, but there are almost no limits when it comes to my
interests, so I have been quite fascinated with neurobiology,
computational chemistry or astrophysics as well, and the list could
continue.

I have also quite good skills in programming, my top three languages
are C#, Python and Rust, but I know more of course, such as C++, Java,
Ruby or JavaScript.

I am infact newbie on Linux, although I was trying it few times in the
past in vms, just few days ago I took this finally seriously and
installed Ubuntu mate 20.04 as my daily driver.
I'm not one of those guys, who switched to Linux, declaring Windows to
be the worst os in the world, or in any way worse than the open
platform.
I like and appreciate both systems equally, both of them took a lot of
work to get into state in which they are, and both are very good in
what they're made for.
I didn't switch because I was insatisfied, but for pure exploration
purposes.

I have already get used to the system quite well. When I find out more
about Linux' internal working and port my development tools, I would
like to lend my hand to Orca as well.
What is necessary to do in order to contribute to the project? Except
actual coding of course. :)
I apologize if this sounds super-stupid, but I have really no idea how
is the development organized.
I'd really appreciate, if someone pointed me to the right direction, so
I don't produce more chaos than necessary :).

I guess thats it for first post, I hope it wasn't too long. :)

have a nice day!

Best regards

Rastislav