From: "Kyle via orca-list" <orca-list gnome org>
To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2020 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Do you want to change the default Orca keyboard
layout to laptop ?

Overall, I think this change is good. It definitely solves a major
problem, in that it is much harder to start Orca on a laptop and change
its keyboard layout to laptop mode than it would be to change a full
keyboard, either on a laptop or a desktop, to desktop layout. I
personally do use a full desktop keyboard on my computer, but have no
problem pressing capslock+space to open the preferences the first time
I use Orca. It has however been difficult to use laptop or bluetooth
keyboards to make the change that is currently needed, as many such
keyboards have no work-around for the Orca key modifier, so just
opening up the preferences window can be near impossible on some
devices.
~Kyle