Re: [orca-list] Orca Hangs When Trying to Read Large Text File in Pluma

Unfortunately, we need to pay attention to text insertion events and caret moved events because normally they are not bogus and often should be presented to you. So we cannot stop listening for them.

When bogus (or otherwise completely useless) events do come in, the best Orca can do is immediately discard them as bogus rather than doing extra work to process them.

Once the app itself becomes not responsive to AT-SPI2 (the dead-accessible problem), Orca cannot magically make that app become responsive.

If Gtk stops flooding Orca with these events, then Orca won't have to discard them and maybe the app will remain responsive to AT-SPI2. So hopefully Hypra (or someone else) can fix this in Gtk.

--joanie