Re: [orca-list] Orca with Gmail in Chrome

Will be testing over the next few days. Thank you so much for the fixes!

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 5:07 PM Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs igalia com> wrote:
Ok. I'm hoping that this is now fixed (along with a number of other
issues related to the Gmail editor) in master.

Dealing with "object replacement character" being spoken when
backspacing is still on my todo list.

Please test thoroughly, not just in Gmail. While working on this I kept
finding edge cases. :-/

Thanks!
--joanie

On 3/2/20 17:01, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
> Actually, I just found a regression. I reverted this fix and will try a
> different approach. Sorry for the noise!
>
> --joanie
>
> On 3/2/20 22:51, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
>> Hi Nimer, all.
>>
>> This should now be fixed in Orca master -- and only Orca master. We're
>> too close to the 3.36 release for me to include it in that branch
>> without some more testing.
>>
>> I'll consider it for inclusion in 3.36 after I hear from you and
>> others that nothing weird suddenly happened with multi-line entries. ;)
>>
>> Thanks!
>> --joanie
>>
>> On 2/29/20 09:10, Nimer Jaber via orca-list wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> In using Gmail, I am running into one issue. When reading the content
>>> of an email message I am writing, in the rich editor, Orca says
>>> "message body" before each and every line of text, but it does not
>>> when the line in question is blank. To reproduce, do the following:
>>>
>>> Prereqs: Install Orca from Master, Chrome dev, and
>>> --force-renderer-accessibility
>>>
>>> 1. Navigate to Gmail and make sure that Gmail is in standard mode.
>>> 2. Make focus mode sticky, if focus mode is not automatically invoked.
>>> 3. Press c to compose a new message.