From: "Kyle via orca-list" <orca-list gnome org>
To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2020 10:10 AM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Some small linux device

The Raspberry Pi 4 is good, and you can get it with 2GB, 4GB or 8GB of
RAM. Those are probably the easiest to find and the least expensive as
well. The OS is normally put onto a MicroSD, but there is also a way to
make it boot from USB, which can sometimes be faster, depending on the
boot device.

I have an older Pinebook, and they definitely at that time could have
used improvement. I think the newer versions may have made those
improvements, but I'm not sure, as I didn't try one yet. There is
supposed to be a Pinebook Pro, which is supposed to offer a much better
experience. The main advantage to these is that they are laptop
computers complete with the keyboard and the screen. There are no
separate parts, no cables, etc.

As for plugin devices, the Odroid N2 is certainly one of the best. This
is what I'm using to write this message. It is a little larger than a
Raspberry Pi, and it only ships with either 2GB or 4GB of RAM. But it
has a 6-core processor, 4 large and 2 small, and the OS runs from an
eMMC chip, which is closer to the size of 4 MicroSD's, 2 side-by-side
with two more stacked on top of them. The speed advantage is
significant, though the price is also noticeably higher. The biggest
advantage is that although all of these machines are passively cooled,
the N2 doesn't even seem to get warm to the touch, no matter how much
load I put on it.

These are some of the best small and fairly cool fanless Linux devices I
know and/or have used. Hope this helps.

~Kyle