Re: [orca-list] orca, google-chrome-unstable and google docs

Hi Peter.

Based on your description, you have screen reader support enabled but
not google docs' braille support. As a result, google docs is telling
Orca everything it should speak via live regions. This includes what
happens when you arrow left/right.

If you want Orca to work in google docs like it does with other
editors, you should enable braille support in google docs (under the
google docs tools menu... accessibility settings).

Also be sure you are in focus mode -- ideally sticky focus mode -- in
Orca. That will cause Orca to not treat your keypresses as Orca
commands and let the google docs commands to work as they would without
Orca running.

Hope this helps!
--joanie