Re: [orca-list] Alt+Super+s shortcut key

Just for the record, the shortcut key to start orca is defined in the file /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys.gschema.xml

On Ubuntu, you can make gdm start orca automatically by changing the ddefault in the file /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/org.gnome.desktop.a11y.applications.gschema.xml and reinstalling gnome-settings-daemon. The reinstall is necessary because those xml config files are apparently compiled as part of the installation process.

PS: my problem turned out just being the keyboard. Very strang, it is a brand-new Dell keyboard right out of the box.