Re: [orca-list] How can I force Orca into focus mode?

On 1/3/20 10:56 AM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:

Role application should do it. The application role is exposed via the "embedded" role.

That said, I wonder if there is a predictable way to identify 2-D canvas games (and the like) and have Orca do this for you. So:

* Is it focusable?

Yes.

* Does it have fallback items?

Do you mean inner HTML? Yes, right now I have some text telling users to enable focus mode. I'd like to get rid of that if possible.

* What else makes these sorts of canvas elements special?

Nothing, really. If role="application" can make this work, I'd say it's probably good enough for now. The intersection of accessibility and canvas use is probably so small that any other detection mechanism will likely introduce false positives.

Thanks, I'll report back once I try role="application".