it's what i'm using,
command if in ubuntu land:
sudo apt-get install pcmanfm
for fedora:
sudo dnf install pcmanfm
for arch linux:
sudo pacman -S pcmanfm
after pcmanfm is installed
go to it's preferences and set the view to list view :)
I hope this is of assistence :)

On 11/02/2020, Alex ARNAUD via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> wrote:
I am using Mate Desktop with Caja File manager. However browsing
through the list of files is very, very slow. Does anyone here know of
a good file manager or tips for improving navigation speed?
How many files do you have in your folder ?

My second question: I built the latest Orca yesterday, however in the
process I lost all of my user settings. Is this intentional?
It's probably because you're using Ubuntu or Mint that have a different
way to store their Orca settings.

Best regards.

--
kind regards,