Re: [orca-list] Orca master: problem in mumble

I confirm it works again, many thanks

regards

Logo Hypra      JEAN-PHILIPPE MENGUAL
DIRECTEUR TECHNIQUE ET QUALITÉ
28, rue de la chapelle, 75018, Paris
Tel : +339 72 49 76 75 <tel:+33972497675>
<tel:+33676349337>
support hypra fr <mailto:support hypra fr>
www.hypra.fr <http://www.hypra.fr/>
Facebook Hypra <https://www.facebook.com/hyprasoftware/> Twitter Hypra
<https://twitter.com/Hypra_> Linkedin Jean-Philippe
<https://fr.linkedin.com/in/jean-philippe-mengual-800133135>

Le 06/02/2020 à 00:27, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
Ok, this is hopefully fixed in master now. It turned out that the clean up I did failed to take into account Qt and/or mumble weirdness. For instance:

1. There is no table cell in the accessibility tree (e.g. when you
    look at things in accerciser). Everything is a tree item. BUT
    The accessibility events come from objecta with role table cell
    which just so happen to have the same name as the tree items.
2. Generating speech and/or braille is apparently causing these cells
    to recreate themselves thus we have (at least) two instances of
    cells which are claiming focus.
3. Qt trees implement the table interface (Gtk uses the tree table role
    for this scenario).

Orca master now handles 3 and works around 2. 1 is still weird, but trusting Orca seems ok with it, and I'm a tad busy right now. So I'll leave it to someone else to figure out why Qt and/or mumble is giving us one thing in the accessibility tree and a different thing in terms of events. :)

--joanie