Re: [orca-list] Linux and Virtual Box

Hi Samantha,

Just like other operating systems in a virtual environment, VoiceOver will not read the LinuxGUI or terminal.
It will only read the controls in the virtual software of your choosing, but it does not have access to the
guest OS and its underlying accessibility frameworks. That being said, you should not need to worry about
installing Orca manually, as it is included with all major environments. Most accessible seem to be Gnome and
Mate at this time.

As for which virtual software to use, I think that is just a matter of what fits your needs. I tried Virtual
Box a while back and found it to be a bit quirky. Had I had the time and a bit more perseverance I might have
been able to get it working. However, I ended up reverting back to my tried and true software, VMWare Fusion.
I appreciate that Fusion is a considerable cost however, so you may want to play around with some cheeper
options before you go the rout of purchasing a virtual machine solution. I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Cory