Re: [orca-list] orca and liblouis

25.12.2020 23:51, Jason White пишет:

On 12/25/20 2:29 PM, Alexander Epaneshnikov wrote:
I suppose you could also try manually translating a string in Python
to confirm that it works there.

I tried to do it, but I can't. maybe I just don't know python well.
can you, or someone else give me the code?

import louis

tables=["unicode.dis", "en-us-g2.ctb"]

louis.translateString(tables, "This is a test.")

Substitute your preferred translation table for en-us-g2.ctb (they're in /usr/share/liblouis/tables), and you'll need to be in uncontracted mode to check the output, which is in Unicode braille (0x2800-0x28ff).

I don't know whether you need any additional table files other than the main table in order to get correct Cyrillic translation. The input string should be UTF-8.

thanks. ok. if i do this and use ru.ctb as second table, i get this:
this is similar to the orca output. but as far as I know this isn't correct.
1. nvda in windows uses this table and outputs completely different results.
2. my brltty configured to use this contraction table and if I switch to tty
and tell brltty to use contracted braille my prompt looks different.

something realy wrong hear.
--
Sincerely, Alexander.