Re: [orca-list] Questions

Hello,

For server configuration I think you don't need graphical user interface so you won't need orca for that. For me SSH access is enough for controlling server installs like this. If you need console screen reader you might like to look at fenrir.

I am running arch linux on everything what I have under my control. That installs with no graphic UI by default but I can install whatever e.g. minimalist WM like setup with ratpoison or full desktop environment like Mate or Gnome.

You might like to run raspbian on your rpi and create linux users to seperate your services, or perhaps setup lxc containers to harden it a bit more.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 17. 12. 2020 o 22:27 Reece O'Bryan napísal(a):
Accessible, yet still able to be script-driven is not something I am looking for. I want to be able to
control the entire machine. I can definitely understand why people visually impaired would be drawn to a
distro such as that though.

I am wanting to also set up a server and plan to use my raspberry pie 4 to do so. Do you have any
recommendations as to doing this? For security I am wanting something extremely minimal and light weight, I
need to be able to harden the server and it needs to obviously be compatible with Orca or another screen
reader. Ideas?

Thank you,

-Reece