Re: [orca-list] gtk3-1:3.24.24: terminal problems with orca

Hello,

Some additional information that is very probably related: in gtk3
3.24.24, some change was made in the page tab: previously when there is
no label for the page (i.e. the one-tab case mentioned here) the page
tab would ask its child for its extent. But gtk3 3.24.24 now supports
GtkSocket/Plug accessibility, which enables accessibility of panel
widgets, and when the child of the page tab is a socket, the socket
conversely asks its father for its extent, leading to an infinite loop:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/atk/-/issues/18

that is why we disabled it, making the page tab return -1 coordinates
instead:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/merge_requests/2924

I however don't see why it would change Orca's behavior, Alex told me he
didn't notice a regression there, and indeed descendantAtPoint() is told
by _boundsIncludeChildren that a page tab does not necessarily include
its children (which was already needed for the multiple tab case, where
its extent is the label extent).

Samuel