[orca-list] Vim, is it usable for us?

Hi folks,

during my Linux adventures, I couldn't have missed possibly one of the most legendary Linux tools, Vim.

Vim's philosophy of writing and editing text with a language was completely new for me, so I have quite enjoyed learning about it.

However, after reading some introductory texts and few experiments, I have two questions:

* how usable is Vim with Orca? I have noticed various rather strange behaviors like reading currently missed word when navigating character by character or reading a line in somewhat shuffled order when I approach it from the next line. H, J, K and L keys doesn't seem to work at all, I have to use arrow keys, I don't know, whether this is function of Vim or Orca.

* Is Vim potentially useful for blind people? I can imagine, that when a sighted person sees the whole layout of a page, he / she has an imagination in his / her head what he / she wants to select, delete or replace, and thus a way to express it wia a special language can be very handy. However, blind people don't have this ability, we rather know our current position and drag the selection from it, until we find the ending point, as our view is limited to max. one line at once.

So, the question is, is the ability to define operations with a language still that advantageous under these circumstances? On a graphical system, would you use Vim over a traditional editor like Pluma, or something similar with plugins, and if yes why?

Best regards

Rastislav