Re: [orca-list] Tips and tricks for Orca and Firefox

So it actually happens?

I had a strong feeling, that i saw this behavior of purely untriggered switching during structural navigation, but I was unable to get a proof, so I thought i has confused it with pressing tabulator.

I was trying it with Messenger, although it's true, that the page got somewhat simplified, so that could be a reason why I didn't encounter it.

Never mind that, I have to update my Facebook profile anyway, so I'll be forced to visit the main website, so I will test it again.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 15. 8. 2020 o 17:20 Ted via orca-list napísal(a):
The focus mode does engage during caret or structural navigation with both of those settings set to off. The worst of the sites is Facebook, so it's probably their coding practices. Something triggers it and it's a constant battle when reading posts. Tabbing does trigger focus mode, but on Facebook, and sometimes Google, there are times Orca gets stuck on an element and the only way to move is to tab away, then you may or maynot be in focus mode and in a comment or edit field.

I've also noticed that object mode with the up and down arrows triggers some popup dialogs at the bottom of the screen, moving Orca to them, on Facebook. Returning to where you were is tricky. On the other hand, layout mode won't read all the information in a line with the arrow navigation. I find myself constantly switching between layout, object, focus and brows modes when reading Facebook. It would be nice if there were a way to set focus mode to only engage manually just to cut down on a little of the battle.