[orca-list] mail and browser arrow navigation is completely silent with Orca 3.36.4

I just received the Orca 3.36.4 release this morning. Unfortunately, I can no longer use up, down, left or right arrow keys to read in Firefox,  Thunderbird or Chromium, although SayAll is working. The previous release had no problem reading either way. For reference, my Firefox is 79.0, my Chromium is 84.0.4147.105 and my thunderbird is 68.11.0. I went so far as to try rebooting the system, but this didn't work as expected. The problem survived the reboot. I would be grateful for any help with this. Thanks.

~Kyle