Re: [orca-list] Speech-dispatcher library for C#?

Hi Rastislav,

Also in addition to what Deider is saying, Here are my take on this
subject. I think Open Source works
this way.

* You start with an idea of what you would like to see in a program.
* Then you look for something closer to what you are thinking of.
* Next, you clone the source from Github after forking it.
* You then create a branch, and start experimenting your additions. You
  may do this for as long as it takes you to perfect your code.

After you are satisfied, you can then ask the main developer to
incorporate your changes through a pull request.

Depending with what he or she says, this may be a way to improve the
current project which closely aligns to yours without necessarily
inventing the wheel.

If you and the original developer may not agree on the need to
incorporate your changes, you can then fork the project and develop it
as a separate work.

So you do not have to worry about you taking a month before
contributing. Working with fellow developers is just a matter of working
on the source code and agreeing on the direction the project is to
take.

Otherwise, I think you have got a good start in your ideas and
 your theories. Once you start collaborating with others, you will
see those ideas blooming to benefit the rest of the blind community,
even those who aren't developers but just mathematicians or scientists.

HTH,

Didier Spaier via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> writes:

Hello,

answer inline.