Re: [orca-list] Update: BRLTTY, Orca, and Wayland sessions

Jason White, le dim. 19 avril 2020 14:35:08 -0400, a ecrit:

On 4/19/20 1:26 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
Do you have an XDG_VTNR environment variable set inside the graphical
session? It's supposed to be set to the proper VT on which your
graphical environment is running.

If I invoke a terminal within an X11 session with everything working (i.e.,
Orca and BRLTTY functioning as expected), I don't find $XDG_VTNR in the
environment.

That's not a problem on X because there are other ways to get the number
there.

set|grep XCG_ gives me:

XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME
XDG_DATA_DIRS=/home/jason/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share/:/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share/:/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/
XDG_MENU_PREFIX=gnome-
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1000
XDG_SESSION_CLASS=user
XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP=gnome
XDG_SESSION_TYPE=x11

Ok, so it's that variable which is missing. gdm used to set it properly,
I don't know why they have dropped it, that needs to be reported.

Samuel