[orca-list] Sluggishness in flat review

Hello,

Environment: Arch, Orca master, and mate-terminal 1.24, though I've experienced this with other terminals.
Steps to reproduce:
1. In a terminal, run:
echo 'https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Google-Kexec-Windows-Linux' (hope my client preserves the apostrophes).
2. In flat review, navigate up one line, to the URL.
3. Move through it by character.
There is a small but very (to me) noticeable lag before each character is announced. This is a comparatively mild example, and it doesn't happen at all with some text; I've been looking for a string to reliably reproduce this for a long time. When a command has a lot of output, the lag sometimes happens when moving by word/line as well. This is one of the few remaining issues that keeps me from switching to Linux full-time. Can anything be done about this? If not, apologies for the noise.

Justin