Re: [orca-list] installing speakup (etc) in a VirtualBox VM

Rich Morin <rdm cfcl com> wrote:

Thanks!  Perkify is based on Ubuntu 19.04 (Disco Dingo).  I'm installing espeakup
and speech-dispatcher, so that's covered.  Can anyone tell me how to check for the
proper kernel modules?

I would suggest running espeakup and testing it. Virtual machines can
complicate matters, as the audio has to be forwarded to the host system.

I haven't had experience with this, as I always run Linux directly on the
hardware - even in a dual-boot configuration. The only VM I've used recently
is a KVM-based server on Linode that I maintain.