Re: [orca-list] Any idea what's happening here?

This is actually a good protip. Though you don't even have to type out "restart". "r" should suffice.

I have found it also comes in handy when your systems seems to become less responsive with Orca. While I've never been able to make it happen deliberately, gnome-shell sometimes creates accessible objects which it never destroys. So they just keep building up like plaque on teeth which never get brushed. When Orca goes looking for things in gnome-shell, it has to wade through all of them. :-/

--joanie