Re: [orca-list] Concerns about handling of aria-atomic

Hey Nolan.

Please pull master and re-test. Thanks!
--joanie

On 5/21/19 10:31 PM, Nolan Darilek wrote:
I keep encountering situations where Orca doesn't seem to handle aria-atomic="true" like I'd expect. It often doesn't speak the first value in a div, for instance. I know recently I reported something similar, but I hit another issue like it and started to wonder. I found this test:

https://terrillthompson.com/tests/aria/live-scores.html

Look at Game 2. According to the description, screen readers should read the entire scoreboard whenever a value changes. Orca only seems to read the element with a change, though. That is, it only reads the team with a changed score, not the entire scoreboard div with both teams. I don't know if this is an accurate description of what should happen, or indeed if it is why my ARIA live regions are misbehaving. But it does seem to be a deviation, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Thanks!