[orca-list] is it possible to boot latest Ubuntu by using SDC cart?

I have very specific question.
Is it possible to boot latest Ubuntu 64 bit edition from SDC cart which can be connected by using
1. internal SD cart reader
2. Or it can be also connected by external USB card reader.
Sure, I Am aware, that standard GRUB compatible with EFI can not communicate with USB or internal SD card reader. So I have other idea.
What about using
petitboot.
It is possible to use it to perform accessible boot screen for Debian operating system. So what about configuring kernel boot option to support SD cart? Or I will get many kernel warnings when I will try to boot from this device? Is Linux kernel programmed so it can boot from this device? Or can I simply install Ubuntu to SD card and I can use USB card reader to access data? May be, that EFI boot from Windows 10 can support some USB devices even on boot time, because USB flash drives and USB external harddisks are supported.
But there is other performance problem.
I AM afraid, that when I will use USB card reader, The performance will be much more slower than when using internal SDcard reader. But I think, that I do not have much chances to force EFI driving program or Boot manager for Windows 10 to support this device to directly boot from SD card. Sure, I will disable swap file support to prevent card over-burning. May be, that somebody of us also know about some EXT file system optimisation command line commands to make those devices working fast. I think, that default EXT4 with journalling support is may be not very good for SD card.
Should I rather use EXT2?