Re: [orca-list] OT: QT5 accessibility without qt-at-spi

Just a note that I hit something similar for flatpaks. I like flatpaks, but since they're sandboxed, QT flatpaks start out inaccessible even if you've otherwise set up QT accessibility correctly, because the flatpaks don't have access to the environment variables or the accessibility bus.

Fortunately there's a `flatpak override` command that essentially lets you inject the needed environment and permissions into every flatpak, so once I set the environment variable and granted access to the a11y bus, my flatpaks now work. But it's annoying that I had to figure that out, and that QT flatpaks can't be accessible out of the box. Essentially, any toolkit other than GTK needs a11y bus access, which is easy enough to grant on a per-package basis, but the fact that QT also needs this environment variable and may cause performance issues if it is set is problematic for making flatpaks accessible out of the box.