Re: [orca-list] best desktop for orca on ubuntu 18.04

Hi,

I use 18.04 gnome with Orca. Alt-F2 works as expected just like Alt-Super-S to toggle Orca on or off.

After starting my laptop I hear Orca speaks a number that is the day of the month. Then I press Alt-Control-Escape to land on my desktop. Alt-Control-Tab takes me to the upper-right of the screen where with Right Arrow I find Activity, Clock, Accessibility and System. When I land on System I Arrow Down to the options like Volume setting, Wifi, and Shut down.

On the left bottom of the screen there is a button, Dash, I reach by pressing the Super key. If I start typing the letter F for Firefox or W for an url I hear Orca say Firefox and I just press Enter to start Firefox.

Pressing Super-A, Orca says Window, shows me all applications, navigate with Arrow keys or Tab.

For some sighted users, on their request, I installed gnome2 with

sudo apt install gnome-session-flashback

So they can switch between Metacity (gnome2) and Ubuntu gnome. But soon they stick at Ubuntu gnome.

Milton