Re: [orca-list] Using Emacs under Orca

I'm not sure I understand this statement. XEmacs is an alternative to Emacs, but I'm not sure what use case you're referring to where XEmacs would be the answer and not Emacs.

BTW, I use Emacs on the desktop with Emacspeak and not Orca. Of course you could also run it in a terminal or console with Emacspeak. I haven't used Speechd-el, so I can't compare the two. I used to use Emacs with Emacspeak for code development, but it's been a while.

On 3/1/19 1:52 PM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
xemacs is available as an alternative to emacs for use cases similar to
yours if my information is correct.

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019, Nolan Darilek wrote:

Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2019 09:40:43
From: Nolan Darilek <nolan thewordnerd info>
To: Orca <orca-list gnome org>
Subject: [orca-list] Using Emacs under Orca

I've been using VSCode under Windows and am getting a bit spoiled by it. Until
we have Electron app support under Linux, I'm considering trying to try
getting Emacs working as similarly as I can (I.e. language server interfaces,
code completion, etc.)

Does anyone have tips for making it work under Orca? Should I just run it in a
terminal or is there a GUI interface, or should I turn off Orca and use
Emacspeak/Speechd-el?

If the latter, which should I use? How do Emacspeak and Speechd-el compare?

And is anyone currently doing this and finding it useful? I'm currently just
using Gedit for code, but I like the integrated warnings/code completions that
language servers provide, and I don't know that Gedit supports this at all.

Thanks.