Re: [orca-list] Audio Server

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019, Glenn At Home wrote:

I plan on streaming from the TV cable box so I can listen to the TV anywhere on my property.
Is there a better tool for this, like IceCast, or Kodi, or something else?

I would use Icecast (icecast2 package) as the audio server.

If you are comfortable with the command line, you can use something like darkice (MP3, Ogg Vorbis and more) or ices2 (Ogg Vorbis only) to stream the audio to Icecasst. Both use a config file which you set up once and can then basically forget.

Darkice has a GTK front-end called darksnow but I don't know anything about its accessibility.

HTH,
Geoff.