Re: [orca-list] Accessibility in Plasmas new notification system

Howdy Joanie,

oh this is pritty awsome! thanks for this information.
I will forward it to plasma-devel and kbroulik. fore sure they will like your answer!

mercy,

cheers chrys
Zitat von Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs igalia com>:

Hey Chrys.

Regarding notifications, it should be pretty simple:

1. Give it ROLE_NOTIFICATION
2. Be sure it emits an object:state-changed:showing event
3. Be sure the displayed text is exposed via the accessible text
   interface, either on the notification itself or in the accessible
   children of the notification

In theory, that should do it. Orca's looking for notifications that
announce their appearance because, like you stated, they don't get focus.

Hope this helps. BTW, I'm not subscribed to plasma-devel, so I'm not
sure if my CCing them will be sufficient. If it's not, and if they need
what I've stated above, please forward it to them.

Thanks again for all your work on this!
--joanie