Re: [orca-list] Speech modules

Hello,

James Austin via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> writes:
Please correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that
Speech-Dispatcher is now part of the kernel and so are the TTS
modules  such as ESpeak. Is that  correct?

I don't know if it has been changed in last versions, but as I know,
that's not a kernel module.

I am only asking because today I was surprised to find that Espeak is
not installed on my system. I ran which espeak and no path was
returned.

Do you mean you're using espeak with speech-dispatcher but you can't use
in command line? on Debian for instance, espeak is installed with
speech-dispatcher but not the cli.

Does this mean that if programs use Speech-Dispatcher, they have
access to all of the TTS modules without my needing to install them
individually?

No.

Regards,
--