Re: [orca-list] Screen Reader Preferences GUI very slow if EspeakListVoiceVariant is set to 1

Thanks! I am traveling home today, having been out of the country for
nearly a month. But I will try to look at all of your merge requests
soon.
--joanie

On 2019-06-02 19:43, Samuel Thibault wrote:
Hello,

Joanmarie Diggs, le dim. 01 juil. 2018 14:36:13 -0400, a ecrit:
Combo boxes were never meant to have that many objects in them. If there
is API in speech-dispatcher to get the variants associated with a given
voice, then Orca's preferences should be modified to use it. If there's
not, such API should be added to speech-dispatcher (and then Orca's
preferences should be modified to use it).

Actually the API was already there but it was abused to contain
dialects, and confusion came all over.  I have fixed this on the speechd
side, and submitted

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/orca/merge_requests/37

which makes Orca use the API.

Samuel