Re: [orca-list] Navigation in system settings

hi there,
I hope you are doing well,
a few questions:
what desktop enviroment does your distribution use?
are the accessibility settings correctly activated?
i.e for qt and atspi?
if you are running mate, go to system, preferences, assistive
technology and tick the box that states enable assistive technologys
a logout and log back in to your user session will be required.
if you are running gnome,
type the folowing:

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.a11y.applications screen-reader-enabled true

#mate, you need to copy or paste the folowing lines one by one in to a
terminal from your running mate session!

gsettings set org.mate.interface accessibility true

gsettings set org.mate.applications-at-visual startup true

#accessibility enablement the folowing will enable qt4 and qt5
accessibility copy and paste in to a file which you will need to
create,
#I called mine access.sh in /etc/profile.d

export QT_LINUX_ACCESSIBILITY_ALWAYS_ON=1

export QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1

export GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge

I hope this helps you :)
Majid