Re: [orca-list] Orca update error

"

You must put some source uris in your sources .List."
This sounds like a flavor of Ubuntu. To fix the problem:
1. Open update-manager
2. Open settings
3. Switch to the Ubuntu software tab (if not already active)
4. Check the box for source code.
5. Close settings.
6. When prompted, press the reload button to reload the software repositories list.
7. Install any available updates.
8. Close update-manager.
9. Open a terminal window.
10. Type the following command:

sudo apt-get install build-essential
- It is OK if build-essential is already installed.

11. In the terminal window, type the following command:

sudo apt-get install yelp-tools
- It is OK if yelp-tools is already installed.

12. In a terminal window, type the following command:

sudo apt-get install git
- It is OK if git is already installed.

13. In a terminal window, type the following command:

sudo apt-get build-dep orca
- It is OK if the build requirements for orca are already installed.

14. In a terminal window, create a suitable directory on your system to hold source repositories.
15. In a terminal window, cd into the new directory created in step 14.
16. In a terminal window, while in the directory created in steps 14-15, type the following command:

git clone https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/orca.git
- It is OK if the files already exist, if they do, type:

git pull
- It is OK if the files are already up to date.

17. In a terminal window, type the following command:

PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3.7 ./autogen.sh
- It is OK to ignore warnings if they do not stop the configuration process.

18. In a terminal window, type the following command:

sudo make
- It is OK to ignore any warnings such as nothing to do warnings and deprecation warnings.

19. In a terminal window, type the following command:

sudo make install
- It is OK to ignore the same warnings found in step 18 as long as they do not stop the install process.

20. Stop and restart orca by pressing ALT+SUPER+S
21. To be safe, restart your system.

hth