Re: [orca-list] Orca should report locations of web elements

Hi Joanie,

From the small amount of testing I have done so far, this feature is a dream come true! The nice bit is that Orca now presents the size/location of any element, even if it isn't a web element. I will do some testing for the remainder of this week with my own test website and program. As a side note, Impress is now more accessible than yesterday because of this new feature. This is a long time coming... Thanks for the hard work.

On 1/7/19 3:50 PM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey Andy.

Sorry for the delay. Holidays followed by catching up on bigger issues.

I committed a change to master to present the size and position
information. If you are using flat review, it will provide it for the
current flat review item; otherwise it will present it for the
currently-focused item.

Note that contrary to your recommendation, I did not split this up into
two separate commands. There's just not that much information to be
presented. Especially not in brief *message* verbosity level (which is
not the same as the general speech verbosity level). Since the size
numbers are more likely to be smaller (at least in some use cases), I
put them first so that if what you care about is location, at least
you'll hear it without too much delay.

I hope that what I have committed addresses your needs. Please test and
let me know.

Thanks!
--joanie