Re: [orca-list] OT:A newbie Arh Q or two

I did that Peter but for some reason it's not showing up in Orca's synth list.

Here's what I did.

1. sudo pacman -S  espeak-NG.It auto removed espeak

2. sudo pacman -S espeak-ng (this actually installed espeak-NG)

3. went into /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf ad uncomented the espeak-ng line, and recommented espeak since I removed that.

4. Restarted my system. No luck. I have other synths on here that work, but no sign of espeak-NG in the synths list.

Also, can't I just  get an AUR  browser and install orca-git directly, I'll assume the usual build instructions also work for Arch? I've not  reread the build page in ages thoughf