[orca-list] Still Unable to get Talking GDM Login Screen in Solus 3.9999 GNOME Edition

On launching this manual login screen with sighted help, I found that the screen reader option was not checked, and the 'alt+super+s' shortcut was not bound. In the Accessibility Options menu on GDM's screen, I had my partner activate the screen reader option and dismiss the menu.  The output volume is set to about 50%, and there seems to be no 'mute' button pressed.  Having done this, I restarted the system, and found that it is the case that no sound is enabled on login.  I assume that orca ran on the login; once I got in, I found a "/var/gdm/.local/share/orca" directory.

Thanks for any suggestions,

--Dave  Hunt