Re: [orca-list] Dad Gummet? Lost all my key bindings!

That has never happened to me. I don't know why it's happened to you. Sorry!

--joanie

On 2/26/19 2:09 AM, Christopher-Mark Gilland via orca-list wrote:
OK, is it normal that when updating Orca to the latest master branch
you'll lose any custom remapped key bindings?

This happened with me.

For instance, I changed Orca+A to go from browse mode to focus mode to
Orca+N. For me, it's just easier to press, with how my keyboard is laid
out on this machine.

I also, for instance changed orca+T to read the time, to Orca+F12. Don't
ask... LOL!

Anyway, not sure why I didn't catch this a few master branch updates
back, but I just tried checking the time a moment ago with Orca+F12, in
my case, and noticed it had gotten remapped back to default. Same with
my Orca+A vs. Orca+N, in my case.

Going forward, if things're gonna get default remapped, then how can
this either be avoided, or, at least how can I quickly remap things back.

I changed enough things that it took about 15 minutes to get things how
I liked them. I really don't wanna go through that every dang time I
update. LOL! Smile. For me, this would be a complete dealbreaker.

Chris.