Re: [orca-list] Recommendation of PDF reader

Hi Didier,

I tried pandoc and it cannot convert from PDF to html (or am I missing
something?)

Here's the output I get when converting from pdf docs

convert $> pandoc -v
pandoc 2.2.1
Compiled with pandoc-types 1.17.5.1, texmath 0.11.1, skylighting 0.7.5
Default user data directory: /home/edhoari/.pandoc
Copyright (C) 2006-2018 John MacFarlane
Web:  http://pandoc.org
There is no warranty, not even for merchantability or fitness
for a particular purpose.
edhoari@debian
convert $> pandoc Haltermanpythonbook.pdf  -s -o output.html
Unknown reader: pdf
Pandoc can convert to PDF, but not from PDF.
convert $>

Best Regards
Didier Spaier writes:

pandoc is very good at converting pdf to html, just
remember to use the -s option to get the metadada
including the headings.

Else, atril is a good pdf reader.

Best,

Didier