Re: [orca-list] Filing bugs?

Hello Christopher,

What is your Orca version ? Do you have tried to restart Orca ?

Best regards,
Alex.

Le 12/02/2019 à 03:04, Christopher Gilland via orca-list a écrit :
Admittedly, I'm not entirely sure how to go about filing bugs against Orca, and my level right now of expertees is still not the best with browing the web with Orca, so it would be helpful if someone could file this bug for me, then I'll be happy to vote it as stating I can reproduce, if they can give me a link to do so.

Anyway, I'd like to see if any of you in the most recent master branch of Orca can reproduce this.

1. Go into the Orca Settings Window.

2. Go to the General tab

3. Set the keyboard layout combo box to laptop layout

4. Apply settings, then hit OK.

5. Assuming you're using either Mate, or Gnome, which I'm sure most are, hit Alt+F2 to go to the run dialog.

6. Type firefox, all in lower case letters, and hit enter.

7. Once Firefox opens, try to get to its individual Orca settings with caps lock+control+space bar.

Expected results:

The Screen reader settings for Firefox should load.

Actual results:

Absolutely nothing happens.

Now, go back and switch the layhout to desktop, and try again by pressing insert+CTRL+Space. Notice, it works just fine.

Is it possible that somehow this key didn't get bound to anything in the laptop layout, at which point, whoops?

I'm not by a system right now where I can look to find out.

Either way, I feel if this is reproduceable, it needs to be fixed.

In my particular case, Ubuntu Mate 18.10. As I said, most recent master branch Orca.

Chris.