[orca-list] A Newbie Problem

Greetings everyone,

First I'd like to apologise if this is not the right place to ask for help. I'm relatively new, slowly
getting started with both Linux and Orca. Now, here's the thing:

I've installed Ubuntu 19.10 in a virtual machine, and I'm having a problem when trying to adjust Orca's
preferences, more precisely the speech rate. As soon as I press either Apply or OK, the speed goes back to
the default, and the Preferences dialogue doesn't close. I can close it with escape, and all the other
changes seem to be saved, except the speed. Am I missing something here? Should I do things differently? I'll
be grateful for any suggestions. This is a VM anyway, so it's perfectly all right to break the entire system
if needed, I'm only exploring for the moment, no important data to lose.

Many thanks in advance. Kind regards,

Vlad.