[orca-list] ot: profiling and performance tracing

Hello,
Has anyone used any tool on linux for application profiling and perf
tracing?
I am not sure what to use. My target is dotnet core, and possibly
telling them what is the best thing they can do to make us parse
profiling/tracing info, so need some input on tools for any language
including gui tools. I know for java that java mission control works or
may work, for native apps not quite sure. Dotnet supports it's own
profiling stuff and additionally perf and lttng.