Re: [orca-list] Orca announces "blank" instead of "new line" at the end of lines

Le 26/08/2019 à 15:43, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
Actually, I think the behavior in Thunderbird is the incorrect behavior. There's actually not a newline character there. Orca saying "new line" means it's lying to you.

So.... Is your bug report that you don't like the word blank? Or is your bug report that you don't like the inconsistency between what happens in Thunderbird compared to the other apps. If it's the latter, I agree. If it's the former, let's discuss.

First of all I agree with you I think the inconsistency could create confusion for the end-user.

I'm a TalkBack user and what TalkBack does seems logical for me:
* It indicates "new line" at the end of a line
* It indicates "new line end of field" at the end of a line and editable area

On NVDA it is not as good as TalkBack IMHO because it announce "carriage return" at the end of a line and then blank at the end of a document (tested on Notepad and Wordpad).

I don't have a Voice Over or Jaws to check their behaviour.

Best regards,
Alex.