Re: [orca-list] Espeakup and Espeak-ng in an arch install

hmmm,
sudo pacman -Rdd espeak
should do the job,
replace with espeak-ng:
sudo pacman -S espeak-ng
Majid

On 10/08/2019, Didier Spaier <didier slint fr> wrote:
hello, answer inline

On 10/08/2019 17:43, Brandt via orca-list wrote:
Hi,

Won’t that  break my speakup?

Yes, because espeakup is built against espeak.

I have already posted this issue, cf.:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2019-August/msg00014.html

Unfortunately the espeakup Arch package is an orphan according to
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/espeakup/

There is also a package espeakup-git maintained by Jeremiah Ticket
(in CC), but also build against espeak at time of writing.

@Jeremiah,: would you like to write
make LDLIBS='-lespeak-ng -lpthread'
instead of
make
in the SLKBUILD of espeakup-git and/or takeover espeakup and do
the same there?

Meanwhile Brandt, you still can jump ship to Slint <smile>

Best regards,

Didier

Warm regards,

Brandt Steenkamp