Re: [orca-list] orca command-line configuration question

Hi,
I now have speech-dispatcher working together with espeakup and other audio, all through alsa. Getting sd to work system-wide was one of my biggest issues, combined with the sd timeout that, by default is set to 5 seconds. So by the time I ran spd-say, speech-dispatcher had decided that there are no clients talking to it, so it unloads all its modules and terminates.
Spd-say did not give an error, just came back to a prompt.
I now have in speechd.conf:
AudioALSADevice "sysdefault:CARD=PCH"
I used ecasound to find the device which ended up being used.
aplay -L gives a lot of devices, so I tried them with espeakup running, most of them giving "device or resource busy"
ecasound test.wav -o:alsa,sysdefault:CARD=PCH

Which was, maybe not really needed, is that I built espeak from source, making sure that it would not try to use pulse, but forcing it to portaudio.
In terms of orca, using startx orca, I got to a point where it said:
"screen reader on", which I suppose must be the new way orca greets one.
However, in the x session itself, I got no speech, but I think there still might be issues there. The recompile of espeak might have solved one issue I had since my upgrade though. I could play audio from the talking console, but while the audio was playing, speakup was silent.
This now works correctly.
At least, I am making some progress.
Kind regards, Willem