[orca-list] Resorce Intensivity of Orca

I'm curious, how resource intensive is Orca?  I'm asking because I
went blind about 2.5 years ago, and seem to burn through nice, brand
new Dell Inspirion's every 8 months or so.  Then I have a new cheaper
laptop now, only cost about $600, and I can already tell I will burn
through this one in about 3 months if I keep using it.  There's a
definite lag when doing things such as opening a new browser window,
etc.

I'm running Linux Mint MATE, if that helps any.  I also know you
simply can't run Orva when booting via USB, same as multiple times
everyday when running off a HD Orca simply turns off on me.

This is all fine, and I don't have a problem with any of it.  I'm just
curious, is Orca really so intensive on the I/O operations that it's
burning through computers this quickly?  I really can't think of
anything else I'm doing that would burn through computers like this.
I guess I have a local Nginx, php-fpm and mySQL install going, but
that couldn't be anywhere near enough.

I'm guessing best bet is to just stick with a SSD in the future>?

Matt