Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird: when on quote, using go to end of container goes at the beginning of the current container instead of at the end

Le 05/04/2019 à 20:12, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
I've now fixed this in master.

I confirm that it works.

 Note that the behavior is a bit
different. We cannot easily present the full object without
re-presenting stuff at the beginning of the container. So I switched the
presentation to line. That means you won't get the "leaving blockquote"
or "blockquote" messages when you start, but now navigation works as
expected. How important is it to get those "leaving" and "entering"
messages?

It's a pertinent point, as usual.

First of all, I think it's better to not have the messages and being able to use the shortcut.

If we could have both it would be better because at this time I see two different behaviors:
- If you leave the quote part with comma you wouldn't here the leave message
- If you leave the quote part with arrow keys you will hear the leave message

As usual, from a user perspective I expect to be able to figure out all issues but I don't know the technical implication for you on this particular case.

Do I have answer clearly to your question ?

Best regards,
Alex.