[orca-list] Benefits of Linux

Hi,

I am bias in this subject from a technical point of view. Someone asked me what the benefits of using Linux with orca is over say Windows and OSX. I know all software is free and open source, and the technical aspect from an administrator or software developer’s point of view. However, I don’t know the benefits from a productivity standpoint or a typical desktop user’s point of view. Can someone shed some light on the subject?